The goal of the Clara White Mission’s transitional housing program is to move homeless participants to permanent housing and independent living within 24 months. Priority is given to veterans; maintaining a residency rate of 75% veterans. Residents are required to:
• Be employed and/or currently enrolled in school.
• Participate in case-management and life-skills classes.
• Complete a mental-health assessment and engage in mental-health counseling as indicated.
• Complete a health assessment with the nurse.
• Maintain sobriety and participate in substance-abuse education classes and support groups, as required.
Our transitional/permanent housing program provides housing for 36 veteran, male residents on-site and coordinates off-campus housing for our female students.
During fiscal year 2006-07, 85 people were housed, with one percent remaining in housing for less than one month. Twenty percent were with us from one-to-two months, 51% from three-to-six months, 17% from seven-to-twelve months, and 11% were enrolled for more than 13 months.
Coming Soon – BEAVER STREET VILLAS